Mailing List

Thursday, June 1, 2023

The Sandbox (The Sandbox Series) (Sandbox, 1)The Sandbox (The Sandbox Series) by Brian Andrews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I thought this seemed pretty interesting at Netgalley primarily because I saw "AI" and just slammed my fist down on my keyboard. I'm pretty easily amused.

From the blurb, I expected a modern techno-thriller and I really wasn't disappointed. It has all the same earmarks of all the other techno-thrillers, a combination of military/police procedural marching up to AI-designing corporations and a murder mystery that may or may not be AI related, etc., etc. and I can't really complain. It is exactly what I thought it would be and it does its job.

That being said, I was fairly happy to see that it went the whole City of Golden Shadow route at one point while still sticking to its techno-thriller core.

I won't say it's mightily original, but I thought it was fairly amusing and it did what it set out to do.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment