Mailing List

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

The Frugal Wizard’s Handbook for Surviving Medieval EnglandThe Frugal Wizard’s Handbook for Surviving Medieval England by Brandon Sanderson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It honestly wasn't a bad book but I have to judge it based on my enjoyment and what I come to expect from Brandon Sanderson.

It's basically a what-if novel that gives our fascinatingly un-fleshed-out-until-an-extreme-time-later MC nanobot protections and sends him flying to an alternate reality Medieval England (with caveats) to be a fish-out-of-water wizard. It's meant to be humorous and silly and it is -- in many ways -- but by the end, it didn't hit all the high notes I think it should have.

It reminded me of a number of old-style 50's and 60's Fantasy where an average Joe is whisked away to Feudal land only to teach the wonders of (insert modernity here), and sits fully average on that bookshelf.

Good if that's what you're looking for, but I didn't think it wasn't all that special.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment