Mailing List

Friday, June 2, 2023

Station Eternity (The Midsolar Murders, #1)Station Eternity by Mur Lafferty
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I wanted to enjoy this. I got the impression when I first started reading it that I was reading a Chambers-style SF that happened to be a Cozy mystery. That would have been fine, honestly.

It didn't wow me during the first parts but I was enjoying it enough, wondering just how crazy she really was or how it would circle back to the soon-to-be-murders. If I squint hard enough, I could see a Marple-esqe dotty, seemingly sloppy mystery that would straighten itself out by the end.

Instead, I was a bit nonplussed by all the other PoVs. I wasn't lost by them, mind you, but it did, eventually, kill my interest.

Best parts? Characterizations. So-so? The plot. The not so much? The mystery.

All in all, I thought it was OKAY. I thought it was kinda messy but not outright bad.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment