Mailing List

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Demons of Good and Evil (The Hollows, #17)Demons of Good and Evil by Kim Harrison
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Returning to the Hollows is always a pure pleasure for me. Whether we have world-shattering (demon or human) events falling down around us or a cat-and-mouse battle between weres, witches, demons, elves, or pixies, it's always a fun (read wild) ride.

In this particular book, I was very happy to see Rachael needing to defend others from her Sub Rosa role, protector of Cincinnati, and realize just how much of a pain it is. From one fire to another, with some really annoying baddies who just won't take a hint, the stakes were always pretty down-to-earth but the pressure was ALWAYS on.

Reading things like this just make me want to keep on reading -- forever. It's just that good.

And, to be fair, I must say that they're also always an emotional wrench thrown into my machinery. For good or evil, it is what it is. And I love it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment