Mailing List

Sunday, June 11, 2023

Rumo & His Miraculous Adventures (Zamonia, #3)Rumo & His Miraculous Adventures by Walter Moers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've been enjoying Walter Moers quite a bit, gravitating towards the more literature and intellectual and storytelling mini-instances more than this one in particular.

This one took a great deal of time building up, and that's probably where I slightly lost interest. It felt like a slight rehash of the first Zamonia book in character-building without the wild tall-tales.

That changed by the time we went to school -- or specifically trained to be a warrior, and by that time, I was utterly hooked. The love story and the quest-to-hell was solid and wonderfully mythological. All told, I loved the second half of the novel.

It may not be my favorite Zamonia book, but it was still pretty great.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment