Mailing List

Saturday, June 17, 2023

Ex-Purgatory (Ex-Heroes, #4)Ex-Purgatory by Peter Clines
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'll be honest, this one reads like a pretty damn fun side story in the shape of a full novel rather than a careful-continuity continuation of the first three novels.

That's not to say the first three weren't self-contained, because they were. This one felt, at least for a grand majority of the writing, to be a massive retcon and then an interesting alternate-reality reset.

It was neither, but that's what it felt like. Trying to figure out what was going on was interesting in its own right.

It was good.

But if I had to put all four books in a lineup and be asked to pick the one that doesn't belong, despite having very recognizable MC's, I'd have to call this one out.

Fortunately, it didn't lessen my enjoyment.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment