Mailing List

Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Mercury Falls (Mercury #1)Mercury Falls by Robert Kroese
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've read a few other novels by Kroese and I thought they were nicely quirky, fun, and funny. And then, for some odd reason, I never revisited the author. That makes me an idiot.

Fast forward a few years and I pick up Mercury Falls, suddenly realize it's a nicely snarky UF with nicely snarky omniscient narration to go with Mercury, and I'm rolling with the multiple skewering (mostly commentary) of apocalypse cultists.

And then I realize Mercury is a lowly and mostly ignored Cherub, one of the lowest of all the angels, and this is a funny UF novel of ultimate bureaucracy, contract breaking, and the antichrist.

So, yeah, I'm surprised and very, very pleased.

And then there was one quote that made me stop reading and chuckle for something like 15 minutes. It killed me. “Look, my personal philosophy is this: if you can make at least one person laugh, you’re still doing better than John Calvin.”

If you know, you know.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment