Mailing List

Friday, June 23, 2023

Ravensong (Green Creek, #2)Ravensong by T.J. Klune
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

So. My hot take on this is pretty simple. I have limited patience for a lot of self-hate and love/hate and non-communication anti-romances.

I CAN handle it for a relatively long time, normally, and can handle it even longer if the novel remains full of other goodies that keep it hopping, but if the majority just a bunch of weak-brooding territory, I start to lose patience. The Omega werewolf storyline was also rather depressing and overall, the whole novel remained depressing until the end. Or rather, it is still depressive at the end and I never shipped the two lovebirds.

To make it worse, the whole novel felt overlong to me. I may not have minded anything at all if it came to a relatively satisfactory end earlier than it had, but it was NOT as heartwarming and satisfactory as the first Green Creek book.

Did it accomplish what it set out to accomplish?

Yes. Probably. But Gordo was definitely a better side-character than a main character. I didn't really connect with this at all despite getting an inside-track to a magician to werewolves. Alas.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment