Mailing List

Monday, May 29, 2023

Small Favor (The Dresden Files, #10)Small Favor by Jim Butcher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It's kinda a long standing joke to say after a long-running series that each new volume is better than all the ones that came before it, but there's some truth to that.

My investment never ends. My enjoyment only deepens.

In Small Favor, we're treated to a literal ton of great baddies, from winter to summer court to Marcone to more Denarians than you can count on two hands, but for me it's the fundamental changes going on with Harry, Michael, and the shifting battle-lines between all his friends and enemies.

This is still a Noir-type story, but the magic really sets it apart. I appreciate the depth.

I also happened to sit on the edge of my seat for a great deal of the novel EVEN THOUGH this is a re-read, so there's that.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment