Mailing List

Wednesday, May 17, 2023

For You and Only You (You, #4)For You and Only You by Caroline Kepnes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Missing my old Dexter vibes, I've been loving both the books and the tv series for years. It's really a no-brainer. Love and obsession goes bad... the only thing that we have to look forward to is how the bystanders and the primaries kick it.

It's a great formula. But that's just it: formula. Fortunately, this one is a snide little jab at other writers and, beautifully, at all us GoodReaders. I thought that was pretty delightful. Us vapid babies babbling about baloney because we obviously can't recognize the good meat when we see it.

Right? Right.

I'm not saying this was a particularly bad book, but it felt a little bit circlejerkbookish even to me, and I'm also a writer.

Even so, I did have a few laughs, so not all is lost.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment