Mailing List

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Uncanny Magazine Issue 47: July/August 2022Uncanny Magazine Issue 47: July/August 2022 by Lynne M. Thomas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this specifically for “If You Find Yourself Speaking to God, Address God with the Informal You” by John Chu

Winner of this year's nebula.

I'll tell you this: I didn't expect to find something so wholesome. I mean, yes, the world is crap, the racism and homophobia extremely nasty, but when it came to the two of these bodybuilders (one a bit more special than the other), the true meaning of life can be summed up with the ending.

Obviously, there's a lot of connections between being hated for doing what you think is right and just wanting to find a little love when everyone else gives you hell about it. And then there's the admonition not to try to fix something that isn't broken.

Tom of Finland Guy is decent, doing a ton of decent things, and cops just don't get it.

Everyone else just needs to back off, on many levels.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment