Mailing List

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I got this for my girl, fully expecting us to read it TOGETHER. You know, enjoy some together time with some punk-ass Greek gods in modern times, enjoying a cool adventure while salivating for the upcoming tv series. The little things.

So what does she do? She reads ahead of me. Leaves me in the dust. Demands to read the sequels. WITHOUT ME.

So here I go, grumbling, finally catching up.

Did I enjoy it?

Yeah, actually. It's pretty simple and the baddies are cardboard cut-outs, but the adventure is solid and 100% fun.

Am I going to give my daughter some more hell if she keeps reading ahead?

Yes. Absolutely.

(Actually, I'm just happy she loves reading. But still, I think she's a punk.) ;)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment