Mailing List

Friday, May 12, 2023

Season of Skulls (Laundry Files, #13; New Management, #3)Season of Skulls by Charles Stross
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Well now, after reading the acknowledgements, I have a much better appreciation for the genesis of this novel. I mean, yes, it's absolutely a Laundry novel and it's the third and perhaps capstone of the New Management trilogy, but it's also a point of challenge and departure for Charlie Stross.

I SO want to spoil it, to tell ya'll what he's turned his hand toward, but I won't. Just know that I think it got pulled off quite well. I was grinning from ear to ear by the time we got there.

Nanowrimo helps, ya'll. Even seasoned authors. Plus, '20 sucked. I'm so glad we got something good out of it here.

It's LAUNDRY, people! I always get excited with these, and thanks to the machinations of Management, a few tentacles, a demi-liche, nasty story geases, and a bit of dream and time-travel, bureaucracy has never seemed so welcoming.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment