Mailing List

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Lords of Uncreation (The Final Architecture, #3)Lords of Uncreation by Adrian Tchaikovsky
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'd say this book was well worth the long wait -- assuming there had been a long wait -- but we all got lucky. Tchaikovsky really pulled off a great end to this sprawling SF space-opera trilogy.


Expect some really big showdowns. Pretty much all the mysteries are revealed. The payoff is everything I hoped it could have been.

But getting there? I hated some particular species for some immediately obvious reasons. The whole people are people argument really applies well to aliens, too, and both are so aggravating.

My only quibble is how the middle felt a bit too long, but that is still a minor complaint. The shape of the full story makes up for all the rest.

It's great to get enormous-scale space opera. I remain in awe of what Tchaikovsky continues to do.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment