Mailing List

Sunday, May 28, 2023

White Night (The Dresden Files, #9)White Night by Jim Butcher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So good. I'm finally getting around to my re-read of the series and I have to say it only gets better with age. Great dialogue, great action, great character development, and MOUSE.

As Urban Fantasies go, this is still up there near the top. I totally buy Harry's quirks and have no issues with his oldschool values because, let's face it, this IS a noir and Harry ages a little slower than normal humans. He thinks he's young but the fact is, he's not. Time passes, he may learn some new tricks and even makes different decisions when it comes to women, but really, it's all about chivalry.

Now as for Molly, she's truly great here. Not as great as she will become, but she's growing. I love Ramirez, too. As for Elaine, I loved getting to know her. She's a real spitfire.

I'll just say this: the action with the white court vamps -- and the others -- was pretty damn awesome. If I'm staying vague it's because I feel like I must. The book is compelling and I couldn't stop for the life of me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment