Mailing List

Friday, September 2, 2022

Bullet TrainBullet Train by Kōtarō Isaka
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I admit I read this because the preview for the movie looked pretty awesome and quirky. So of course I had to pick up the book and see WHY. I may not even see the movie, but I'm ALWAYS down to read the source.

It turns out that it's not quite as funny as I was led to believe. It's Good, mind you, and it's absolutely about a handful of wonderfully drawn assassins getting ready for a not-so-straightforward showdown on a bullet train, but it's not QUITE as quirky as I might have guessed.

It is, however, a fast-paced thriller that's jam-packed with bad luck, good luck, good preparation, no preparation, and Thomas the Tank Engine. All right, I admit, the whole sequence with Thomas was funny.

I'll just say one more thing: The Prince was one hell of a piece of work. I really enjoyed hating him.

All in all, this is a pretty cool novel if you like almost slap-dash thrillers. :)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment