Mailing List

Friday, September 23, 2022

Apocalypse: Quest System (Systems of the Apocalypse #4)Apocalypse: Quest System by Macronomicon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Glorious. So different from most LitRPG, more like a funnily complex and snarky modern SF than a strict level-up fantasy system.

I mean, don't get me wrong, this is still firmly in the LitRPG genre, but the fact that it steals from and revels in top-notch SF and not merely tropes, but solid ideas, makes this a stand-out for me.

I'm frankly impressed. LitRPG has successfully grown up enough to be genre-bended in a non-sloppy way. :) Key word: non-sloppy. :)

The fact that we've spent three of four books on Earth, with aliens and gods and emperors and 5th-dimensional nuclear bombs attached to your status page should tell you everything you need to know. Oh, and the smart undead apocalypse is delicious, too. :) I want MORE of everything.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment