Mailing List

Friday, September 30, 2022

The Dead ZoneThe Dead Zone by Stephen King
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I can't believe I rated this a 4 in memory from the time I first read this, way back in the dark ages. Reading it now makes it feel eerily prescient -- and not prescient in the way John Smith means it.

I'm talking about the political climate, the nastiness involved.

That being said, and the novel feeling modern even though it was set in the 70s, it was also a great yarn. It was almost episodic all by itself and I remember the original movie and even the tv series in the oughts fondly because they did the original justice AND it just scratches that itch for an unconventional hero doing good wherever he touches. :)

It just goes to show, not EVERY SK book has deeply flawed MCs. Of course, that's kinda funny that I'd say that here. John was a damn fine guy... and yet he went out to assassinate someone. A damn fine guy. :)

This is definitely one of SK's finest.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment