Mailing List

Monday, September 12, 2022

Fairy TaleFairy Tale by Stephen King
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

No doubt about it, Stephen King is still one of my favorite writers. Practically anything he puts his pen to, I am either charmed, horrified, or I root to see the a-holes die. In other words, it's cathartic and delicious.

So where does Fairy Tale hit?

Do you think it is something like Grimm's fairy tales meets Crimson King meets the Summer Lands meets Jack and the Beanstalk meets a traditional straightforward YA adventure?

Then you'd be quite right.

Does it have all of Stephen King's natural charm of slow boiling the frog, setting us up for one hell of a big fall into a fairy tale that is equal parts good and evil?

Absolutely.

Does it give us a tantalizing taste of a possible corner of Mid-world, the power of myths, a bit of gunslinger action as well as the pit?

Definitely.

Is it my favorite SK novel? No, but there is no way in hell I can say I wasn't enthralled with it every step of the way.

I loved it. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment