Mailing List

Sunday, September 18, 2022

Activation DegradationActivation Degradation by Marina J. Lostetter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I think the comparison to the Murderbot series is pretty on target. I should also mention that this is trying to capitalize on the sense of crew and comradeship. Think of Becky Chambers crossed with Martha Wells, and you'll have a decent idea. Expect talk about pronouns.

If you're looking for a new novel that has both feels interwoven in a new lite-space-opera, then I do recommend this.


I should mention that I did find a lot more creativity and originality in Lostetter's other trilogy. Indeed, I thought those wiped the floor when it came to regular SF. But this one? It had a limited scope and a specifically different goal. I kinda wish she had kept in that vein, but this one was servicable.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment