Mailing List

Sunday, September 4, 2022

The InvitedThe Invited by Jennifer McMahon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

All told, this is a relatively decent slow-burn of a paranormal ghost story. It focuses mostly on the everyday life of the new couple moving into a small town and their neighbors, all the while deepening the mystery of Hattie the witch who had been killed on the property, so many years ago.

It's all atmosphere and the slow descent, deepening of the details, the obsessions of the living, all leading to the final reveal.

Well done? Yes. Is anything truly out of the ordinary? No.
So is it worth a gander? Possibly, if all you want is a slightly paranormal slow-burn mystery in the modern style. I didn't hate it by any means. I simply thought it was a bit too slow -- and if I'm not overly invested in the characters, that slowness is kinda a drag.

Other peoples' mileage may vary.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment