Mailing List

Sunday, September 18, 2022

Apocalypse: Dungeon System (Systems of the Apocalypse #3)Apocalypse: Dungeon System by Macronomicon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm honestly rather surprised how this series is going. I totally expect the normal LitRPG thing with leveling, quests, and amazingly overpowering quips and sarcasm, but this one delivers on an entirely new level -- almost like it's willing to branch out and become real SF.

What does this mean?

It means the story is taking clever and well-thought-out turns. It means it's taking from a set number of starting conditions and fully exploiting them to their natural conclusions. It also means that the author had put the time in to read and abuse other great SF novels in the past to leap ahead and pull off some really funky cool shit.

I could tell you, but that's kinda telling.

This OP stuff is fully self-aware and I'm having a great time. And now, I'm gonna go watch Princess Bride.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment