Mailing List

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

RoadkillRoadkill by Dennis E. Taylor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Modern snarky SF. It's as enjoyable as you might imagine, being a Dennis E. Taylor joint.

No, it's not a Bobbyverse novel, but since it takes another tack and made me chuckle throughout the read, I classify this as pure, plain SF fun. All the modern self-referential SF commentary is natural, considering that it takes place in modern-day, but I'm afraid to say much more because it might spoil so much of the humor.

Let's just imply things, then:
Space Farce. Federation of Planets. Lizard People. Microwaved burritos. Zombie Intelligence. Amazon's listing of faraday cage baseball caps. And bitcoin.

What does any of this have to do with roadkill?

Come on, people. This is DENNIS E. TAYLOR. Have a little trust. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment