Mailing List

Saturday, August 20, 2022

Hate Machine (Eric Carter Book 8)Hate Machine by Stephen Blackmoore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This long-running series is still going strong. After the previous events, I admit I was extremely curious to see where an ex-god could go after the burning of LA.

It turns out that heading to Las Vegas afterward was a kinda dodgy choice.

I mean, Las Vegas. Home of dime-store oracles and hopium and bargain-rate tricks... and, of course, heists.

I like heists. They're fun.

All in all, after the previous books, this one reads more like a vacation or a recuperation than anything, but to be fair, a lot DID happen. No complaints.

One thing to add, though: this is Blackmoore's tribute to the pandemic and all the other crap that happened. It was definitely interesting to read it through that lens. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment