Mailing List

Friday, August 5, 2022

Grempire (The Rules #3)Grempire by Aaron Oster
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In the parlance of Reddit, I'm gonna give this book an upvote and tell it to go f**k itself.

Seriously, I am giving this book an angry upvote.

Why?

Because it doubled down on the tropes, was awesomely self-aware, notched it up a few more times, and then, when we get to the end, it flips us the bird, telling us that WE ALREADY KNEW WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN, and then it followed through.

Yes, the book stuck to its landing, gave us exactly what we knew it would be, and then blew another raspberry at the very end.

Oh, yeah, and this book has a special shout-out to all trolls.

I mean, never mind all the trolls being mana-blasted off bridges in the STORY. That's just fun LitRPG stuff and the whole series is still a fun LitRPG anyway.

BUT PERHAPS THIS PARTICULAR BOOK WENT A BIT TOO FAR.

Or we could just call it a fan-fiction of itself and dismiss it. Righteously. And laugh the entire time.


Whatever. I'm half amused and half pissed off and both are screaming for supremacy.

Oh, yeah, Oster, I'm gonna give you two birds right now. Enjoy them. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment