Mailing List

Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Pendrackon (The Rules, #2)Pendrackon by Aaron Oster
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Honestly, I'm enjoying the nonsensical, tropish, arbitrary rules offered up in this game system because they breathe a bit of random life in this otherwise standard LitRPG fare.

Here's the thing: it's perfectly standard LitRPG fare. Solidly written, simple, and all the focus is on getting along with your friends/allies and leveling up. I don't really have anything negative to say about it because all the truly nonsensical aspects of LitRPGs (or anime or regular RPGs) are accepted and/or satirized here as well.

So what we have is plain adventure, kingdom-saving stuff, and increasingly powerful monsters to defeat.

It'd be perfectly forgettable if I had wanted something unique, but as it so happens, all I wanted was comfort food and a bit of grinning fun. I got that, so I'm happy.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment