Mailing List

Friday, August 12, 2022

Knife of Dreams (The Wheel of Time, #11)Knife of Dreams by Robert Jordan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I can't believe we're finally here. The end of RJ's original series. I can tell you I was so devastated to hear about his death back in the day. It wasn't just a favorite author dying, of course. It was the fact that the story hadn't been completed that destroyed me. I mean, I'm a selfish reader, after all. This series was something that would be lodged in my imagination forever.

So, even though I was feeling sadness upon reading this particular book, I still had a truly great time with it. I don't consider this one to be one of the "slogs" at all. In fact, I was chomping at the bit about Perrin's big battle to finally get Faile back. I was at the edge of my seat with Rand and the dire crap he was just put through. And of what he lost.

And then there was Egwene. We finally get to the point where she truly shines. Back in the White Tower, the kinds of trails she goes through, her laughter, and the way she slays all the other ajahs -- metaphorically. Laying seeds of doubt, showing off, subverting everything. Muahahaha, I loooooved it. There will be more, of course, with the concluding novels, but this setup was so delicious.

And then there is Matt. The Toy. Or, as a now newly flustered Tuon, has been forced to wonder what she got herself into, has been forced to rename him: -- The Lion -- he's showing all his different colors again. I've been laughing my ass off with their interactions. Matt being back with the Band and being a real man again, instead of a toy, has made all those dice finally stop. And I'm HERE for it. I laughed until I cried. And I cried.

I looooved it so much.

And yet, it's tinged with so much sadness, too.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment