Mailing List

Saturday, August 27, 2022

Book LoversBook Lovers by Emily Henry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So. Let me get my personal elephant out of the room. I was pissed throughout this book because I thought this was going to be a rom-com featuring two lovers of books who wind up loving each other. I wanted to read tons of easter eggs and nods to the greats (Heathcliff doesn't count) and just roll around in nerdy goodness while getting that sexytime on.

So what happened with that elephant?

*I WAS BAIT-AND-SWITCHED*

There was hardly any bookish goodness. An Agent and an Editor fussing over a fictional Author hardly counts. And it felt like pure fantasy in how prosperous, happy, healthy, and wise they were. But that's not really a complaint I need to be making. That's a sore point with ANY rom-com. They're all fantasies. No. My main complaint was in this not being nearly nerdy enough.


Other than that, it DID live up to all the good standards of being a rom-com and it was sweet and had all the tried and true plot points and I enjoyed it for what it was intended to be. A romance. Just a romance. In that regard, it was perfectly good and standard.

Not that glowing? Well, I'm still pissed about the bait-and-switch. ; ;





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment