Mailing List

Saturday, January 21, 2023

The Lost Metal (Mistborn, #7)The Lost Metal by Brandon Sanderson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

All hail our lord and savior, BrandoSando.

It's easy to make fun... but it's hard to dismiss the effects he's had on the genre. Indeed, I've got the bug and every time I pick up our lord and savior, I'm half-tempted to try to nitpick or poke holes in his work, and maybe there ARE holes, but it always tends to be AWESOME anyway.

The Lost Metal finishes an era of Wax and Wayne in a truly explosive way. I thought it would be kinda hard to top the Bands of Mourning, but not only did this one had all the mystery, all the gumshoe work, all the fantastic magic system as the others, it also went out with a really satisfying bang.

And should I mention that Wayne is front and center in this book? That we get his childhood, even more of his fascination with wearing different hats, and we learn a lot more about him than all the others?

No spoilers, but he stole all the limelight. That's true even when we get some great cameos from the original series.

And let's not forget our lord and savior's plans for the Cosmere. There's a lot going on here and I'm rather excited. So excited that I'm about to go all cult-like and maybe even re-read BrandoSando's bibliography again for all the secret prizes in the collective cereal box.

I joke. Or do I?

The Lost Metal is both endearing and pure popcorn fun. And it's also rather emotional for me.

Either way, it's one hell of a ride. Or flight. Or boom. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment