Mailing List

Friday, January 6, 2023

Delta-VDelta-V by Daniel Suarez
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Fantastic!

Honestly, I'm rather blown away. I've read a ton of great science-driven take me to space books but this one is pretty much perfect across the board. We're given the works, from picking the best people, the training, the politics (updated for today), massive amounts of capitalist chicanery, fraud, references to real people thinly veiled, as well as the full experience of getting out there, mining, running into tons of very realistic trouble, and finally coming back.

Let me just point something out, though:

It has the ambition of Kim Stanley Robinson, the cool characters of Heinlein and/or Andy Weir, the pacing of the tightest thriller, and tons of real surprises. None of it is hokey -- no alien surprises or egregious handwavium. But best of all, I was whooping for joy at the end of this novel. I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat.

For that, I have to announce.... I'm squeeing for joy!

I'm SO happy.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment