Mailing List

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Grave Peril (The Dresden Files, #3)Grave Peril by Jim Butcher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Re-read.

I have to agree with everyone else's opinion that this is where the Dresden books get pretty awesome. Strong emotions, massively convoluted (but very compelling) plots, with plenty of action, despair, and delightful friendship, all rolled into a "I have no idea what I'm doing but I'll do the right thing" barbaric yawp.

Frankly, I loved so much about it. Michael and his faith really grows on me. Meeting Thomas for the first time is a real treat. Susan wasn't nearly as annoying here as she will become. And Bianca? Wow, well, when it comes to villains, she's right up there with Dresden's fairy godmother (who is also in this book.)

And then there's the nightmare.

All of this together should have been too much. A mess. But it really wasn't. I pulled off a rather neat hat trick. Harry's dad would be proud.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment