Mailing List

Sunday, January 8, 2023

Mickey7 (Mickey7, #1)Mickey7 by Edward Ashton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A solid and fairly amusing tale of mishaps, callousness, and body-uncanting made horrifically, if exquisitely, normal.

I mean, the premise gives it almost entirely away: he's am expendable member of a colony crew, a designated dead man walking that can come back, and come back, and come back, being the canary for everyone else. If that isn't bad enough, or that he chose it as a slightly less bad choice than being broke elsewhere, he's treated like shit by command and his only bright spot is some pretty cool people who stand by him even as he dies, and dies again.

I'm thinking this might be a pretty good series as it continues on. Having extra copies of yourself is pretty fun and all, but only in how it makes everything so damn complicated.

I'll love to see how the tale will take it next time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment