Mailing List

Monday, January 16, 2023

Fevered Star (Between Earth and Sky, #2)Fevered Star by Rebecca Roanhorse
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Solid epic fantasy with a pretty vast setup between the ones who follow the Crows and those who follow the Sun. It's the characters that really make the novel, however, and like all middle novels, it is almost all meat, buildup, and reversals.

I'm really enjoying this even if I don't fanboy all over it. All said, I tend to give a lot of credit for big, glorious, and evocative epic fantasies even if it sometimes drags in the middle.

I seriously appreciate the magic, the images it evokes, and the atmosphere. The love bits don't suck, either, but it's the magic and the issues it keeps bringing up that takes the center of the stage.

I can't wait to read the next!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment