Mailing List

Thursday, January 26, 2023

How to Sell a Haunted HouseHow to Sell a Haunted House by Grady Hendrix
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm always chomping at the bit to get at Hendrix. Yes, I'm an angry horse being saddled by a horror writer. It's fitting, I think. Maybe not as fitting as being a sock puppet with an author's hand right up my... but I pride myself with maintaining a certain sense of decorum in my reviews.

Hendrix knows his horror tropes and it really shows in every single book he writes. I love it. I love knowledgeable authors that spin wild tales that surprise and delight even old gore-hounds like myself.

Please don't assume you know everything that will happen in this plot-setup. The first two acts are great but its the third that's the real killer. Great characters, wild emotions, and delightfully creepy bad stuff.

Hendrix knows his shit. His sense of timing is great, as is his foreshadowing, false sense of security, and his willingness to dump us in the muck. As a final thought, I'll just say, "What a family!"

This is a LOT of fun, folks.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment