Mailing List

Sunday, January 8, 2023

Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1)Storm Front by Jim Butcher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Re-read.

I've always binge-read these and for good reason: they're better with the weight of history.

If I merely read this out of context with everything else to come, I'd just dismiss it as a solid Supernatural Private Investigator entry that relies mostly on the gumshoe elements rather than the magical, focusing on popcorn elements than anything deeper.

Of course, it is that, with some really cool conclusion magics and the great popcorn feel, but I am reviewing this from the PoV of an old, old fan, and fanboys are either very forgiving of early, unpolished entries, or they don't give a shit. Maybe I'm either.

I have a great time reading these. I started with others, fell down the rabbit hole with this, and now I'm perpetually hooked on UF.

Fun is fun, and this is fun. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment