Mailing List

Friday, October 21, 2022

The Last House on Needless StreetThe Last House on Needless Street by Catriona Ward
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Okay, so, this is one of those books where it's perfectly reasonable to say, in a review, "Just read it. I can't say anything without spoiling a TON and a HALF. So just read it."

So, rather than talking about the book, I'll say something about my impression of the book.

A few pebbles fell into the pool. Those few pebbles falling a great distance down a hill fall into the pool. We learn that those few pebbles actually roll down a whole mountain, and there are more pebbles than we first imagined. Then we realize that those first few pebbles were actually just an expertly curated scene that was a prequel to a boulder. Then we realize that all those pebbles are part of an avalanche.

It starts like a great little thriller and we're meant to wonder what and why and how it all works together, of course, but nothing prepared me for all these twists slamming together near the end. Or the fact that they kept coming.

So yeah, this horror did a number on me and I'm quite happy. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment