Mailing List

Monday, October 17, 2022

SundialSundial by Catriona Ward
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a hard book to review because I kinda hated the pacing. I know that these kinds of thrillers need a slow, cautious start to make the later reveal hit harder, but I had a seriously hard time caring about the characters -- and it was kinda because the pacing made it feel so blah to me. Usual. A repeat of so many.

But the book DID pick up nicely past a certain point that I can pinpoint with 23. If you've read it, you know what I mean. But after that, I was fully onboard and the hit-reveals came nicely.

No spoilers, but the twist(s) needed to keep coming the way they had. Stopping too early would have made me groan with the predictability. Fortunately, it worked for me.

It WAS a close thing, however. I'll call this a 3.5.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment