Mailing List

Sunday, October 2, 2022

The Crystal Shard (Forgotten Realms: Icewind Dale, #1; Legend of Drizzt, #4)The Crystal Shard by R.A. Salvatore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Definitely a solid classic D&D novel. I have to admit I like it better, all told, than the chronologically earlier novels that dealt with Drizzt directly.

Why? Because the action is more epic, more expected in a grand, sweeping adventure, with war, paying off debts, preparation, demons, magic mind-altering crystals, and most importantly, THE FEEL.

Full disclosure, I played and loved the Icewind Dale games. I figured it was about time to go back and read the source material for them. :)

I am satisfied.

It isn't my favorite type of fantasy or even my top love of any fantasy, but it was enjoyable and it has the weight of prestige and lore behind it, so I'm happy even if I don't gush.

Onto more!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment