Mailing List

Sunday, October 23, 2022

Road of BonesRoad of Bones by Christopher Golden
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A down-on-his-luck documentarian is hunting for that one job that will finally pay off... one that takes him to super cold Siberian roads... one that ate over 600,000 lives to build it.

This Road of Bones is a perfect setting for a ghost hunter and his best friend.

Honestly, I think I loved the first half of this novel even more than the second, where the really creepy stuff happens. I enjoyed the characters and the situation and the funny stories and their hopes and dreams.

Later on, I was genuinely freaked out and loved getting frightened by the *no spoilers* and the desperation that led to *no spoilers*.

This novel was very workmanlike and a joy to read even if it wasn't everything I would have wanted to see in horror, but I will mention this: I had massive flashbacks to that old NBC TV production of Hannibal, and pleasurably so. Muahahahahaha



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment