Mailing List

Sunday, October 30, 2022

The Final Girl Support GroupThe Final Girl Support Group by Grady Hendrix
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I went through stages on this read. I started out loving the fact that all these old slasher-film heroines were based on real-life survivors and we got to see how they ended up, how messed up they might be, and how they just survived.

When the plot ramped up and went through twist after twist after twist, bringing us full circle to another re-enactment of the original campy movies but with a bit more realism thanks to the author and the premise, I was almost plotted-out. :) I kinda wanted more of the characterizations and more of a slower build-up, oddly enough.

But then the multiple-full-realizations hit and I found I had had a fantastic time and I really have no complaints at all.

I feel like I just went through therapy. Shock-therapy. And I feel better off for it. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment