Mailing List

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

The Name of All Things (A Chorus of Dragons, #2)The Name of All Things by Jenn Lyons
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This sequel is better than the first in several ways, but I should mention that I really enjoyed the way the reveals kept dropping and kept us guessing in the first.

This one, however, moves us into Janel's storyline and has a delightful setup of actually Telling the story within the story in a way that tickled many of my clever narrative fancies. The asides and commentaries were great.

That being said, it's a delightful turn. And there are dragons galore. The good kind. Immortal, magical, and in some cases, way too crafty and cruel. But there's always a reason. Or fourteen. I'm a big fan of old heroes living long enough to be the villains.

This is solid, rich, and fun. I definitely recommend it for you epic fantasy readers who have been missing the good stuff for far too long.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment