Mailing List

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Insurgence (The Corporation Wars, #2)Insurgence by Ken MacLeod
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

So. While I do enjoy a 1k year into the future hop where digital minds are taken out of storage to fight in robot drone bodies amongst a dystopian AI corporation hellscape, I found that I liked the IDEA of this novel more than the actual execution.

Too much padding, perhaps. And when it comes to the actual war, it was kinda fuddled and lacking an extended plot that might have grabbed me. It's similar to an Iain M. Banks or a Neal Asher in the idea bits, but this one just didn't kick as those had.

That being said, it's still a fairly interesting look at a post-singularity (without actually being a singularity) future SF.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment