Mailing List

Monday, May 9, 2022

A Psalm for the Wild-Built (Monk & Robot, #1)A Psalm for the Wild-Built by Becky Chambers
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

What can I say? I loved the first half, was meh about the second?

Here's the deal: the first half spoke to me on a very deep personal level. It was basically written for INFPs like me. I was there, there, there the entire time. As long as the journey a solo one, I was pretty much entirely delighted.

I SHOULD have liked the friendship between the titular monk and robot. It was slow, introspective, and should have given me a tidbit or two of hard-won wisdom or whatnot, but to be honest, I was bored. Hey look what I can teach you, blah, blah, don't we have some unique perspectives, blah, blah and while I SHOULD have been all over that like a fly on shit, I wasn't.

It could have been just me at this point in my life, of course, and maybe the so-called wisdom might actually help someone out there, but it wasn't me. I've read too much. Maybe it was weaksauce. Mileage may vary.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment