Mailing List

Sunday, May 1, 2022

The Fires of Heaven (The Wheel of Time, #5)The Fires of Heaven by Robert Jordan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

There's really not much to say that isn't a gushing OMG about the whole worldbuilding of the WoT series at this point.

And since I've read some of these books multiple times and love them even more every time I do, it's not hard to guess my reaction to the text, the foreshadowing of the text, or the anticipation of even MORE tragedy to come.

I tear up when thinking about everything now. That's how invested I am. Rand? Yes. Moraine? Yes. Aviendha? Yes. Nynaeve? Yes.

MATT? Yes.

Even the lesser sections with Luca are fun. The dreaming is often hilarious. But when a collar gets involved? PRECIOUS.

But Rand? He's crazy. A wool-herding wetlander thinking he's got a 3000-year-old madman in his head lamenting for all the family he's killed, 24/7, while dancing around with a Weave-destroying time-reversing laser gun not caring who gets killed even while he thinks about everyone who's already been killed? He's NUTS. An enraged baby with a bazooka.

Still, reading this book makes me pause, big time. The expansive story keeps getting bigger and I keep getting more invested in it. It's almost like I'm going a bit mad, myself.

Not as mad as I'll get later, mind you, but Rand is a rather bad influence on me. It's almost like I've got the Machin Shin inside me. *shiver*

LOVING this.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment