Mailing List

Sunday, May 8, 2022

The Arena (Eden's Gate #4)The Arena by Edward Brody
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Honestly, unlike most of the reviewers for this book, I'm not at all unhappy with this tale.

It ISN'T a tale for the ages.

It is, however, a pretty standard LitRPG fare with tricksy thieves, tricksy nobles, and foolish PCs. The fun part is, as always, in the journey, the leveling up, the stupid decisions, and how we get out of the problem.

The groanworthy part is, of course, the drug addiction bit. My eyes did roll a bit. But sometimes we need stupid characters to do stupid things and since this is a LitRPG with respawning fun built right in, it's not like the consequences are forever. For me, however, I was looking at the costs in both gold and on his psyche and I was like... damn.

I'll just say it again, the rest of the book was fun, an easy devour.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment