Mailing List

Thursday, September 12, 2024

To Reign in HellTo Reign in Hell by Steven Brust
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm a big fan of Steven Brust's Vlad novels, so I was surprised when I came across this book, having missed it. But to be sure, it's not a Vlad novel.

It's a retelling of the fall from heaven. That might be rather obvious from the title, or maybe not, but this is exactly what it is. The war in heaven.

Honestly, I'll always like Milton's more. This was still a good prose rendition, decent writing, with a fairly interesting take on scheming angels and the gradual duping of Satan, rather than Lucifer being the prime instigator.

I'll say this: for any fans of this particular genre, Brust is a must-read, if only to grab one of the better renditions.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment