Mailing List

Thursday, September 5, 2024

Slay (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #30)Slay by Laurell K. Hamilton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Once bitten, twice shy, third needs a safe word.

Damn it. So. I went into THIS one expecting a big blow-out scene against a vampire dragon, and did get one, but it was far too short. And even then, I was annoyed by the whole end of book 29's setup being utterly squashed like a baby were-kitten beneath the dragon's claw.

Where's my setup-payoff, damn it! Hints, teases only. In the meantime, I actually enjoyed all the action and suspense and character-cameos that used to spend so much time on the pages, while complaining about how SHORT they all were.

UGGHH. Yes, I keep coming back to this because I'm simply having fun. That's IT. I guess I need a safe word, too.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment