Mailing List

Sunday, September 15, 2024

The Werewolf PrincipleThe Werewolf Principle by Clifford D. Simak
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've been a long-time fan of Simak, and while he really never wrote a problematic book, (by today's standards,) they're usually high on dialogue and situation rather that plot. This one is no different.

Indeed, the titular Werewolf Principle is a SF twist on multiple-mind sharing bodies, but in this case, it's human, alien, and machine -- all leading up to a big of adventure and chase and eventually a pretty high-level philosophical debate featuring the core meaning of humanity. Classic SF style, of course.

Interestingly, though, for a '67 novel, it's ideas of uploaded consciousness and AI and the Theseus Ship Paradox is still as interesting today as it would have been way back then. :)

While I enjoy this novel for its history, I have to admit I've seen this question done better since this time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment