Mailing List

Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Bad Summer PeopleBad Summer People by Emma Rosenblum
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Well now, I think I might be reaching the end of my patience (or rather, current patience,) with "novels filled to the brim with unlikable people whom I want to see die horribly".


Before starting this novel, and admittedly not reading any blurb or review, I kinda hoped I'd see something like: "Oh! Let's PoV this from local tourist trade workers encountering and subsequently killing them!"

As I read the novel, I wanted to see this get the full Stephen King treatment, where we read from the PoV OF the bad summer people and watch them all pop off later in glorious ways.

As I finished the novel, I just wished anything glorious had happened. Unfortunately, at the end, it's a pretty average setup. Rich assholes in their summer homes behaving badly. Most of it was just banal. Later on, when chaos reigns, the chaos is still rather mild.

Spicy-level 1.5 out of 10. Too mild for my palate. Alas.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment