Mailing List

Friday, August 16, 2024

The Stardust GrailThe Stardust Grail by Yume Kitasei
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Excellent and fun tale.

We've got the modern genre of cozy space-opera mixed with a heist tale that has a little bit of everything else. Maya is a sympathetic character coming off a mini-career of stealing from museums to return art to the alien species they came from, now trying to get some higher-education in. From there, however, is the call of an alien friend's Grail, and it all gets fun from there.

Between lots of travel, alien locales, and bumping into her academic advisor in all the weirdest places, we get space battles, bloody broken planets, and some enormous stakes for her alien friend.

I love it. It's adventure like I used to love grand adventure. Indiana Jones in space. I need a lot more of this.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment